Thursday, September 18, 2008

If you don't comment on this in the next 2 days, 45 hours, 54 minutes, and 29.87 seconds, you will die a slow, painful death.




EMAIL. Gotta love it. It's so quick and easy, and you can even keep in touch with friends across the world. Well, after reading Scott Brodeur's post on Internet Re-Runs, I began thinking about funny stories and emails I've come across while looking around online.
Instead, however, of thinking of a good one to talk about, I thought about those lovely little emails that everyone hates. They usually start off saying something like...




Hi Friend!!

I just wanted to let you know that you make the world a better place and I hope this message brightened your day! (Insert annoying graphics and photos of kittens that take your computer forever to load here)

>>> <3 <<< By the way, if you don't forward this email to at least 6 people in the next 3 hours, you will have the worst luck! Your crush will reject you and you will never find true love! Please send to everyone you consider a friend! xoxoxoxo

Yeah. I don't get it. Any real friend would know enough to save you the email space and just say in person, "hey, thanks for being awesome." Or, "much love, bro."

6 comments:

Adam said...

ah yes, the guilt-trip-filled spam. by the way, has the prince from nigeria emailed you about that billion dollars he received that he'd like your help in cashing?

Andrea Murray said...

Honestly I saw the title on my blog roll and I got a little scared haha.

SO here is my comment, just to save my life.

I haven't gotten those emails since like middle school though thank god. But people seem to think it's a good idea to post them as myspace bulletins now.


And y'know, I ignore them, I'm still alive!

Scott Brodeur said...

Hey, I'm not messing with comment karma. Here's my comment, hitting your deadline.

FYI, your top image was broken when I checked your page today.

Unknown said...

The best ones are those that demand ridiculous feats in order to stave off some horrible misfortune. Like, if you don't send this message to 20 people in the next 20 seconds, then the ghost of the girl with no eyes will haunt you and your children forever ( which is impossible for someone to haunt to generations forever but that's what some of these things say). Anyway.

Unknown said...

* two

Katelyn said...

gotta love this stuff. and yes, Adam, i have definitely gotten the email about the money that the prince needs help in cashing. ridiculous!! i can't believe some of the stuff that's out there.