Sunday, October 5, 2008

Drudge vs. Huff Post vs. NY Times

In comparing these sites, I've come across some characteristics that separate them from eachother in the world of online journalism.

Drudge Report seems to update very often. Although, there are so many links to other stories and blogs that are updating constantly, it seems a little unfair. Huff Post and NY Times I feel are sort of tied on the updates, although, NY Times has more original content and Huff Post has a lot of video and other material that is updated.

I like how Huff Post has so many videos and links to explore, however, I also like how NY Times almost has the layout of a print newspaper with front page info and then links at the bottom.

Out of all three, only Huff Post and NY Times attracted my interest enough for me to click on some of their material. I watched this funny SNL skit of the VP debates on Huff Post and I found this cool article on a bar in Chicago from NY Times. Props to them.

No comments: